+251944022222 ino@mewaeltours.com

Of all the essential amino acids (not produced by the body on its own, but included in muscle proteins), perhaps the most inconspicuous is methionine. Such a gray cardinal. Ask how this aminocarboxylic acid deserved such a controversial title? The answer is simple, and it can be expressed in the following question: is there at least one life process in which it does not participate? Let’s see.

THE USE OF A SUBSTANCE IN SPORTS

Without L methionine, it is impossible to build muscle tissue, but it does not have pronounced anabolic properties. In bodybuilding, the compound is valued for its lipotropic properties. Giving a methyl group, the substance stimulates the mobilization of fat from the liver and its oxidation (destruction), which leads to a decrease in the total percentage of fat in the body.

OTHER EFFECTS OF METHIONINE

The “ability” to regulate lipid metabolism makes the substance one of the most valuable ingredients of not only fat-burning complexes, but also hepatoprotectors. By inhibiting the deposition of neutral fat in the liver, the compound stabilizes the state of the organ and reduces the severity of its fatty infiltration.

In addition, methionine is used to:

 supply of sulfur during the biosynthesis of cysteine ​​- an amino acid that contributes to a faster recovery of a bodybuilder after an exhausting workout, normalizes the digestive tract, stimulates the formation of collagen, which improves elasticity, firmness and texture of the dermis, strengthens the nail plate and makes hair silky and voluminous;
 lowering the level of cholesterol in the blood, which provokes the formation of cholesterol plaques on the walls of blood vessels and the development of a heart attack or stroke;
 neutralization of toxic products;
 improve mood and increase motivation.

BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY OF AMINO ACID DERIVATIVES

In medicine, methionine compounds are widely used, which have a stronger effect than a pure substance.

So, S-adenosylmethionine (also known under the trade name heptral) is a coenzyme and is formed as a result of an enzymatic reaction between aminocarboxylic acid and ATP. Ademetionine is used for:

 depression – stimulates the synthesis of dopamine – the hormone of joy, pleasure and motivation;
 intrahepatic cholestasis, characterized by impaired synthesis of bile components, has hepatoprotective properties;
 liver fibrosis, accompanied by an increase in the amount of connective tissue in the organ, has anti-scarring activity.
Methiosulfonium chloride, popularly nicknamed vitamin U (from the Latin word “ulcus”, meaning “boiling”, “ulcer”), as you might guess, promotes healing of wounds in stomach ulcers. The substance is found in high concentration in cabbage juice, celery, alfalfa, egg yolk. 

 RULES OF USE

The dosage of L methionine depends on the goal pursued. So, if we are talking about the general improvement of the body, 4 mg / kg per day is sufficient (this dose provides 25% of the daily intake; the remaining 75% is covered by nutrients obtained from food). If the drug is taken by an athlete who wastes nutrients faster and in large quantities compared to a person adhering to moderate physical activity, the dose of AUA should be increased to 12 mg / kg. It is advisable to enrich the diet of an athlete whose diet is rich in meat products with an additional portion of methionine only during the period of drying or active mass gain.

The drug is used 3-4 times a day on an empty stomach before meals with a glass of water. The course lasts 10 – 15 days with about the same break.

IMPORTANT! In order to increase the biochemical activity of aminocarboxylic acid, it is rational to combine it with cysteine, as well as vitamins B 6 (pyridoxine) and B 12 (cyanocobalamin).

The substance is produced in the form of film-coated tablets or capsules (including vegan ones). This form of release is very convenient and is characterized by:

 the ability to hide the unpleasant odor of an amino acid – the smell of sulfur-containing compounds;
 easy swallowing due to the presence of a sliding surface;
 the ability to increase the bioavailability of the active ingredient;
 ease of transportation.
Typically, sports nutrition is available in a dosage of 500 or 1000 mg. 

Also, the compound is often included in the composition of powder, encapsulated, tableted or liquid amino acid complexes, protein mixtures or fat burners.

Methionine should not be combined with levodopa, an antiparkinsonian drug.

https://bodymarket.ua/info/metionin—zaschischaem-pechen-i-vyvodim-lish.html
Translate »